Top 10 Questions to Ask Your Breeder Before Getting a Puppy
Top 10 Questions to ask the breeder before getting a puppy.
Wherever you get your puppy, you will find this list helpful.
- Adult dogs should have DNA testing, OFA hips, elbows, patella, cardiac and eyes (at the minimum) before breeding to produce the healthiest puppies. What are the OFA numbers for the parent dogs? You can look up their health testing on the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals database!
- How many years have you been breeding? EXPERIENCE MATTERS!!
- Where are the online reviews? They should be on Google and FB, not just on the website. Read the reviews!
- How old are BOTH of the parent dogs? Both parents should be at least 18 months old or older. This information is also available on the OFA database online.
- How many litters has the mommy had? This should not exceed four litters maximum.
- What curriculum do you use to raise your puppies? Are videos available showing puppy enrichment and curriculum in action?
- Can we Zoom, Skype or Facetime with you and the puppies?
- Are the puppies raised inside your home, or in a commercial kennel building?
- Do you INDIVIDUALLY crate-train your puppies?
- Do your puppies get examinations and vaccinations from a VETERINARIAN?